9 1 9 4 5

TrueDelta at Facebook TrueDelta at Google+ TrueDelta at Twitter

Why (Not) the Chevrolet Volt?

Chevrolet Volt reviews by TrueDelta members get to the point: the best reasons for buying (or not buying) the Volt.

Non-members can see only fifteen Chevrolet Volt reviews. Join us and see them all.

Chevrolet Volt Reviews

02/27/14

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.
A member in Ontario, Canada

Best Reason to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Fuel economy
So far have driven in the winter when you get the poorest mileage on the electric motor. I have 3100 km. on the car and lifetime gas consumption is 2.6 Liters per 100km. I dont think there is another car out there that can do this well and it will get even better in the Volt as the weather warms up from the minus 12 degree weather we have had all of Jan and Feb.
I LOVE NOT HAVING TO FILL UP AT THE PUMPS AND STILL HAVE NO RANGE ANXIETY.

I previously have owned two Prius and the Volt is way ahead in so many ways.

Best Reason Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Cargo capacity
The trunk is a little small but because it is a hatchback and the back seats fold down we have been able to carry all kinds of stuff.

Other Reasons to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Quietness, Warranty, maintenance cost, Powertrain performance, Front seat room

Other Reasons Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Rear seat room & comfort, Brand reputation & image

04/11/13

Our Volt After 15,000 Miles
A member in California, United States

Best Reason to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Fuel economy
Our lifetime average is 167 mpg after 15,000 miles!

Best Reason Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Powertrain performance
I would like to see an option for additional electric range. Other than that it is a great car. There is no other car out there that can do what this one can.

Other Reasons to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Feature availability, Reliability & durability, Warranty, maintenance cost, Quietness

02/04/13

Chevy Volt - Please use as prescribed
A member in Indiana, United States

Best Reason to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Fuel economy
The reason you should buy a Volt is all about the fuel cost. In my case I'm averaged close to ~100 mpg (It would have been higher but for a recent 200 mile round trip to Ikea). Granted that mpg is excluding the electricity costs which in my case this car is costing ~ +$30/month increase in my electric bill so after 3 months of ownership (leased October 2012) I've used ~30 gallons of fuel (average cost $3.40 /gal) and driven 3200 miles which is ~ 6.2 cents/mile. Comparing this it a compact (Ford Focus) averaging 30 mpg with regular gas ~ $3.1 would have averaged 10 cents/mile.

Best Reason Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Rear seat room & comfort
The rear seats have limited leg room. A forward facing child car seat (Safety 1st Air Protect) is fine but to install it rear facing would make the passenger seat almost unusable and being a 4 seat there is no option to install in the middle of the rear which i find allows in many cars a good way to keep everyone safe & comfortable.

Other Reasons to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Price or payments, Quietness, Handling

Other Reasons Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Controls and instruments, Driving position & visibility, Controls and instruments, Fuel economy

01/06/13

The Volt is a great all-around vehicle!
A member in Indiana, United States

Best Reason to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Powertrain performance
I'm considering the "Powertrain performance" categoray as an overall statement about the car and driving it regularly: Of the 100+ cars I've owned over the past 35 years, there are none which are this smooth, quiet and perform as consistently as the Volt. I drive this as a normal car, and as such it is a superb vehicle. Others I own fill certain niches, but as an all-around car the Volt is outstanding. It's better for short and mid-length trips than it is for long distance, and the price is still too high for the average buyer. But I've never heard of a dissatisfied buyer & I proudly count myself as an early adopter of tomorrow's motoring experience.

Best Reason Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Front seat support & comfort
No power seat in a $46k car?? Get real, Chevy. Once you get used to them, though, both front and rear seats are comfortable for up to an hour or so. Longer than that and I need different lower back support that it doesn't have. But they are heated which is nice and it's comfortable leather. A few tweaks and/or an optional chair & this would be a non-issue.

Other Reasons to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Fuel economy, Exterior styling, Ride smoothness, Quietness

Other Reasons Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Interior styling, Cargo capacity, Price or payments, Discounts & incentives

10/27/11

A member in New York, United States

Best Reason to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Powertrain performance
What impressed me most about the car was the power it had, or at least felt it had. The electric motor instantly puts down the torque to pass.

Best Reason Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Controls and instruments
The center stack looks like a cell phone, in a bad way.

Other Reasons to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Materials & workmanship, Fuel economy, Handling, Exterior styling

Other Reasons Not to Buy the Chevrolet Volt: Front seat support & comfort

This member test drove the reviewed vehicle.

Return to top