We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Ford Ranger MPG

MPG Number of Vehicles
15 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
16 miles per gallon 16 vehicles
17 miles per gallon 7 vehicles
18 miles per gallon 5 vehicles
19 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
20 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
21 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
22 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
23 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
24 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
25 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
26 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2002 2002 4dr Extended Cab 6ft bed 207-hp 4.0L V6 5-sp manual 4WD, part-time w/low range 16.71
See all data
With the 207-horsepower 4.0L V6 engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and four-wheel drive, part-time w/low range, the 2002 Ford Ranger has been averaging 16.71 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2002 Ford Rangers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 74 miles per hour (about 82.3 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (17.7 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2002 Ford Ranger in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
2002 2002 2dr Regular Cab 6ft bed 146-hp 3.0L V6 5-sp automatic RWD 22
See all data
2002 2002 2dr Regular Cab 6ft bed 148-hp 2.3L I4 5-sp manual RWD 25.53
See all data

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all Pickups
See TrueDelta's information for all Ford models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2002 Ford Ranger

2002 Ford Ranger Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2003 2dr Extended Cab 6ft bed 207-horsepower 4.0L V6
5-speed manual 4WD, part-time w/low range
I averaged 15-16mpg in mixed driving during the summer. About 11-12mpg in the winter. On long trips I could get 18-20mpg, but the best I ever got out of it was 23mpg going down the I80 into California. see full Ford Ranger review
2002 4dr Extended Cab 6ft bed 207-horsepower 4.0L V6
5-speed manual 4WD, part-time w/low range
I would always like to get better gas mileage but considering mine is 4WD and has the larger engine, the gas mileage is not that bad. I would not want to give up power to get better gas mileage. I do feel Ford could improve on fuel economy. see full Ford Ranger review
2001 2dr Regular Cab 6ft bed 119-horsepower 2.5L I4
5-speed manual RWD
V-6 fuel economy in a 4 cyl. No matter what I do it gets 20 mpg. should be better see full Ford Ranger review
 

2002 Ford Ranger Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Ford Ranger's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.