We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Toyota RAV4 MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2004 2004 4dr SUV 269-hp 3.5L V6 5-sp automatic FWD 23.3
See all data
With the 150-horsepower 2.5L I4 Hybrid engine, CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2004 Toyota RAV4 has been averaging 23.3 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2004 Toyota RAV4s in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 67 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (33 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2004 Toyota RAV4 in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.
2004 2004 4dr SUV 176-hp 2.5L I4 6-sp shiftable automatic AWD 20
See all data
2004 2004 4dr SUV 176-hp 2.5L I4 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 26.2
See all data

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all SUVs
See TrueDelta's information for all Toyota models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2004 Toyota RAV4

2004 Toyota RAV4 Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2004 4dr SUV 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
4-speed automatic FWD
Fuel economy is ok... could be better for a 4 cylinder engine. see full Toyota RAV4 review
 

2004 Toyota RAV4 Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Toyota RAV4's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.