We are 105,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Hummer H2 Fuel Economy (MPG)

Flagged Gas Tank

 characters remaining
Hummer H2 Hummer H2 2008 13.2 MPG Highway Percentage 17 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr SUV 393-horsepower 6.2L V8
6-speed shiftable automatic AWD w/low range
flat light none 5 5 71 19 65 14.000
  flat light light 0 90 0 10 70 13.000
  flat light none 0 50 30 20 62 13.100
  flat light light 0 90 0 10 70 12.300
  flat light none 5 5 71 19 60 14.000
  flat light none 0 50 30 20 62 13.400
  flat light none 0 50 30 20 62 12.400
2008 4dr SUV 393-horsepower 6.2L V8
6-speed shiftable automatic AWD w/low range
flat light none 1 49 33 17 64 13.2  
  Averages flat light none 1 49 33 17 64 13.2
With the 393-horsepower 6.2L V8 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive w/low range, 2008 Hummer H2 fuel economy has been averaging 13.2 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Hummer H2s in this analysis were driven mostly in the city (about 49 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (33 percent), on the highway at an average speed of 64 miles per hour (17 percent), and in heavy traffic (1 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Hummer H2 in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Hummer H2 Hummer H2 2005 14.3 MPG Highway Percentage 85 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2005 4dr SUV 325-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
hills med light 0 0 15 85 75 14.300
2005 4dr SUV 325-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
hills med light 0 0 15 85 75 14.3  
  Averages hills med light 0 0 15 85 75 14.3
With the 393-horsepower 6.2L V8 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive w/low range, the 2005 Hummer H2 has been averaging 14.3 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2005 Hummer H2s in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 85 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (15 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2005 Hummer H2 in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Hummer H2 Hummer H2 2005 15.0 MPG Highway Percentage 70 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2005 4dr SUT 325-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
hills light light 0 0 30 70 70 15.000
2005 4dr SUT 325-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
hills light light 0 0 30 70 70 15.0  
  Averages hills light light 0 0 30 70 70 15.0
With the 393-horsepower 6.2L V8 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive w/low range, 2005 Hummer H2 gas mileage has been averaging 15.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2005 Hummer H2s in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 70 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (30 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2005 Hummer H2 in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Hummer H2 Hummer H2 2003 12.8 MPG Highway Percentage 50 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2003 4dr SUV 316-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
flat light none 10 0 60 30 74 14.000
  flat light light 0 40 0 60 65 12.200
  flat light light 0 40 0 60 65 12.300
2003 4dr SUV 316-horsepower 6.0L V8
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
flat light light 3 27 20 50 68 12.8  
  Averages flat light light 3 27 20 50 68 12.8
With the 393-horsepower 6.2L V8 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive w/low range, 2003 Hummer H2 fuel economy has been averaging 12.8 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2003 Hummer H2s in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 50 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (27 percent), in the suburbs (20 percent), and in heavy traffic (3 percent).

In addition the average 2003 Hummer H2 in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2003 Hummer H2

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2003 Hummer H2.

Be the first!

Hummer H2 Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Hummer H2's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.