We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Lexus ES MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2009 2009 4dr Sedan 268-hp 3.5L V6 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 31.84
See all data
With the 268-horsepower 3.5L V6 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2009 Lexus ES has been averaging 31.84 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2009 Lexus ESs in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 72 miles per hour (about 96.7 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (3.3 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2009 Lexus ES in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all Sedans
See TrueDelta's information for all Lexus models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2009 Lexus ES

2009 Lexus ES Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2008 4dr Sedan 272-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
Approximately 30 mpg highway and good mileage around town, too. Even with the premium fuel requirement the ES is still not very expensive to keep fueled. see full Lexus ES review
2009 Lexus ES Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2008 4dr Sedan 272-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
With the high price of gasoline, any six-cylinder vehicle can be considered more than necessary for a daily commute. Still, averages of 22.5 MPG are not too bad. see full Lexus ES review
 

2009 Lexus ES Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Lexus ES's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.