We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Nissan Maxima MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2011 2011 4dr Sedan 300-hp 3.5L V6 7-sp shiftable CVT FWD 27.08
See all data
With the 300-horsepower 3.5L V6 engine, 7-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2011 Nissan Maxima has been averaging 27.08 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Nissan Maximas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 90 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (10 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2011 Nissan Maxima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all Sedans
See TrueDelta's information for all Nissan models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2011 Nissan Maxima

2011 Nissan Maxima Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2010 4dr Sedan 290-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
16-17 in the city. 25-26 on the freeway. Not bad than other comparable cars. see full Nissan Maxima review
2011 Nissan Maxima Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2011 4dr Sedan 290-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
Not as good as advertised see full Nissan Maxima review
2010 4dr Sedan 290-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
Depends on a lot on your right foot. Driven like a Prius, 26 MPG city and 33 MPG highway. Driven normally with occasionally throttle bursts, 27 MPG highway, 21 MPG combined. The CVT ratio spread maxes out at 2200 RPM at 75; a little high for MPG. see full Nissan Maxima review
 

2011 Nissan Maxima Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Nissan Maxima's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.