We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Toyota 4Runner MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2015 2015 4dr SUV 270-hp 4.0L V6 5-sp shiftable automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range 17.02
See all data
With the 270-horsepower 4.0L V6 engine, 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and four-wheel drive, part-time w/low range, the 2015 Toyota 4Runner has been averaging 17.02 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2015 Toyota 4Runners in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 95 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in heavy traffic (5 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2015 Toyota 4Runner in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on most or all of the time.

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all SUVs
See TrueDelta's information for all Toyota models.

TrueDelta Reviews the Real Gas Mileage of the 2015 Toyota 4Runner

2015 Toyota 4Runner Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearComment
The 4Runner's dated powertrain--its automatic transmission is down three gear ratios compared to the Jeep's--and brick-like aerodynamics aren't good for fuel economy. EPA ratings are just 17 city, 21 highway. The Jeep with its V6 engine does the same in city driving, but 3 mpg better on the highway. Plus you can get a diesel engine in the Jeep, and it rates 21/28. In real-world suburban driving, I managed to coax the 4Runner's trip computer average as high as 24.6, but high teens and low 20s were more typical. On the highway the trip computer reported 20.5, close to the EPA rating. see full Toyota 4Runner review
 

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2015 Toyota 4Runner

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2015 Toyota 4Runner.

Be the first!

2015 Toyota 4Runner Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Toyota 4Runner's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.