We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Toyota Highlander MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2013 2013 4dr SUV 270-hp 3.5L V6 5-sp shiftable automatic AWD 19.4
See all data
With the 295-horsepower 3.5L V6 engine, 8-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2013 Toyota Highlander has been averaging 19.4 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2013 Toyota Highlanders in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 100 miles per hour (about 70 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (30 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2013 Toyota Highlander in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all SUVs
See TrueDelta's information for all Toyota models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2013 Toyota Highlander

2013 Toyota Highlander Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2012 4dr SUV 270-horsepower 3.5L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
Average 22 mpg is exceptional for an SUV of this size. see full Toyota Highlander review
2013 Toyota Highlander Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2013 4dr SUV 270-horsepower 3.5L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
A complete pig. Yes, we were doing mostly urban assault driving but 14.8 MPG (according to the trip computer I reset when we drove away - did not calculate actual mileage since it was a rental and do not know how full the tank was when we received it) is pretty deplorable. see full Toyota Highlander review
 

2013 Toyota Highlander Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Toyota Highlander's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.