We are 106,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Dodge Journey MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2012 2012 4dr SUV 283-hp 3.6L V6 6-sp shiftable automatic AWD 20.71
See all data
With the 283-horsepower 3.6L V6 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2012 Dodge Journey has been averaging 20.71 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2012 Dodge Journeys in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (about 75 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (25 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2012 Dodge Journey in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.
2012 2012 4dr SUV 283-hp 3.6L V6 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 28.13
See all data

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2012 Dodge Journey

2012 Dodge Journey Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2012 4dr SUV 283-horsepower 3.6L V6
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
The biggest disappointment for the car is the lower fuel economy. On the highway, it gets right around 30, but in town driving suddenly drops to under 20. That's a big difference, and since it is primarily used around town (less than 15% highway) we're paying a bit more in fuel costs. see full Dodge Journey review
 

2012 Dodge Journey Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Dodge Journey's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.