We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Hyundai Veloster MPG


The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2016 2016 3dr Hatch turbocharged 201hp 1.6L I4 6-sp manual FWD 28
See all data
With the turbocharged 201hp 1.6L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2016 Hyundai Veloster has been averaging 28 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2016 Hyundai Velosters in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 90 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (10 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2016 Hyundai Veloster in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2016 Hyundai Veloster

2016 Hyundai Veloster Real Gas Mileage: Pros
2015 3dr Hatch 132-horsepower 1.6L I4
6-speed automated manual FWD
The Base model Veloster gets decently good fuel economy, thanks to the DCT. 27 City, 34 Highway is the adjusted EPA estimate, but I have achieved almost 42 MPG before on an economy cruise, just by driving with great care towards economy (but not hypermiling). see full Hyundai Veloster review

2016 Hyundai Veloster Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Hyundai Veloster's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.