We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Mazda MX-5 Miata MPG


The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2011 2011 2dr Convertible 158-hp 2.0L I4 6-sp shiftable automatic RWD 31
See all data
With the 181-horsepower 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and rear-wheel drive, the 2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata has been averaging 31 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Mazda MX-5 Miatas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 60 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (40 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on most or all of the time.

Return to top

TrueDelta Reviews the Real Gas Mileage of the 2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Real Gas Mileage: Cons
The first four "why nots" shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. This one might. I didn't ding the MX-5 Miata's engine for its power output, but I am going to ding it for its fuel input. While EPA ratings of 21 mpg city and 28 mpg are hardly abysmal, the FR-S does better (22/30) and a 315-horsepower Porsche Boxster S does about as well (20/28). With one of Mazda's new SKYACTIV engines, the Miata would go much farther on a gallon of gas. (The 2,900-pound Mazda3 is rated 27/39.) But this engine won't happen until the Miata is again redesigned. see full Mazda MX-5 Miata review

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Real Gas Mileage: Pros
2012 2dr Convertible 167-horsepower 2.0L I4
6-speed manual RWD
Good enough to drive for fun and not worry about the cost. see full Mazda MX-5 Miata review

2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Mazda MX-5 Miata's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.