We are 106,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Pontiac G6 MPG

MPG Number of Vehicles
15 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
16 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
17 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
18 miles per gallon 4 vehicles
19 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
20 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
21 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
22 miles per gallon 6 vehicles
23 miles per gallon 6 vehicles
24 miles per gallon 4 vehicles
25 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
26 miles per gallon 6 vehicles
27 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
28 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
29 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
30 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
31 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
32 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
33 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
34 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
35 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2009 2009 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 24
See all data
With the engine, transmission, and rear-wheel drive, the 2009 Pontiac G6 has been averaging 24 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2009 Pontiac G6s in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 68 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (32 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2009 Pontiac G6 in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
2008 2008 4dr Sedan 164-hp 2.4L I4 4-sp automatic FWD 26.13
See all data
2008 2008 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp automatic FWD 23.4
See all data
2008 2008 2dr Coupe 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 18
See all data
2007 2007 2dr Hardtop conv. 217-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 24.46
See all data
2007 2007 4dr Sedan 252-hp 3.6L V6 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 26
See all data
Looking for a warranty? Get a quote.
2007 2007 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 22.8
See all data
2007 2007 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp automatic FWD 23.03
See all data
2007 2007 2dr Coupe 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 20.03
See all data
2006 2006 2dr Hardtop conv. 227-hp 3.9L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 17.8
See all data
2006 2006 4dr Sedan 164-hp 2.4L I4 4-sp automatic FWD 30.15
See all data
2006 2006 4dr Sedan 240-hp 3.9L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 19.81
See all data
2006 2006 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 24.15
See all data
2006 2006 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp automatic FWD 31.07
See all data
2006 2006 2dr Coupe 240-hp 3.9L V6 6-sp manual FWD 22.4
See all data
2006 2006 2dr Coupe 240-hp 3.9L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 20
See all data
2006 2006 2dr Coupe 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 31.4
See all data
2005 2005 4dr Sedan 219-hp 3.5L V6 4-sp shiftable automatic FWD 26.3
See all data

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the Pontiac G6

Pontiac G6 Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2009 4dr Sedan 164-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
I opted to get the 4 cylinder 6 speed automatic because of the higher EPA rating and I have a fairly long commute to and from work. see full Pontiac G6 review
2007 4dr Sedan 169-horsepower 2.4L I4
4-speed automatic FWD
Getting 25 city miles see full Pontiac G6 review
2007 2dr Coupe 224-horsepower 3.5L V6
4-speed shiftable automatic FWD
Amazingly it gets 30+ on the highway. I usually drive in stop-and-go traffic but still get 20 mpg easily. see full Pontiac G6 review
2006 4dr Sedan 201-horsepower 3.5L V6
4-speed automatic FWD
Even with a 6 cylinder, and my overzealous driving, I regularly got 28-29 MPG. This is a mix of highway and city driving in a very hilly area. see full Pontiac G6 review
Pontiac G6 Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2008 4dr Sedan 219-horsepower 3.5L V6
4-speed automatic FWD
The V6 I drove had MPG ratings slightly worse than the 4-cyl models I was looking at. see full Pontiac G6 review
2007 2dr Hardtop conv. 217-horsepower 3.5L V6
4-speed shiftable automatic FWD
Not good enough. see full Pontiac G6 review
 

Pontiac G6 Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Pontiac G6's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.

Website Security Test