We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Scion iA MPG


The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2016 2016 4dr Sedan 106-hp 1.5L I4 6-sp manual FWD 41.38
See all data
With the 106-horsepower 1.5L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2016 Scion iA has been averaging 41.38 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2016 Scion iAs in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 95 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in heavy traffic (5 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2016 Scion iA in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

TrueDelta Reviews the Real Gas Mileage of the Scion iA

Scion iA Real Gas Mileage: Pros
2016 The Scion iA's light weight also pays fuel economy dividends. EPA ratings of 31/41 with the manual transmission and 33/42 with the automatic (both with six ratios) are best-in-class, with one partial exception. With a turbocharged 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine the Ford Fiesta manages 31/43, but this engine is a $1,000 option and is available only with a five-speed manual transmission. With its standard 1.6-liter engine, the Fiesta manages only 28/36 with a manual and 27/37 with an automatic. In my real-world suburban driving the trip computer often reported averages over 40 mpg, though driving the car like the typical American sunk the average all the way into the mid-30s. On a 70-mph highway with the temperature right at freezing (not ideal) the trip computer reported a two-way average of 44 mpg. Driven with a very light foot, the Fiesta EcoBoost (with the turbocharged triple) can achieve a suburban average in the low 50s, and averages in the mid-40s aren't too difficult. But push the Fiesta and the average will fall into the 30s and even the upper 20s. Fuel economy does tend to vary more with turbocharged engines, as the turbo serves to force more air (and with it more fuel) into the cylinders when this is called for. Most drivers will observe real-world fuel economy as good or better in the Scion iA. Then there's the Mazda3. Though larger and considerably more powerful than the iA, it achieves EPA ratings that are nearly as good, 29/41 with a manual transmission and 30/41 with an automatic. Step up to the truly quick Mazda3 s, with an engine a full liter larger than the iA's (2.5 vs. 1.5 liters), and with an automatic the EPA ratings remain too close for comfort, 28/39. Once the figures get to this level, you tend to give up more in performance than you gain in fuel economy. see full Scion iA review

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the Scion iA

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the Scion iA.

Be the first!

Scion iA Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Scion iA's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.