We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Toyota Celica MPG


The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2002 2002 2dr Hatch 180-hp 1.8L I4 6-sp manual FWD 34.23
See all data
With the 281-horsepower 3.6L V6 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2002 Toyota Celica has been averaging 34.23 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2002 Toyota Celicas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 75 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (25 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2002 Toyota Celica in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
2002 2002 2dr Hatch 140-hp 1.8L I4 5-sp manual FWD 32.78
See all data
2002 2002 2dr Hatch 140-hp 1.8L I4 4-sp automatic FWD 35.22
See all data

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the Toyota Celica

Toyota Celica Real Gas Mileage: Pros
2002 2dr Hatch 140-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
Average 33 on the highway going 80+ mph and 30 in the city on regular gas. see full Toyota Celica review
2001 2dr Hatch 180-horsepower 1.8L I4
6-speed manual FWD
get 35-38mpg in summer, and 32+ in rainy winter see full Toyota Celica review

Toyota Celica Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Toyota Celica's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.