I had a 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2.5 5-speed that I really liked a lot and gave to my son. Great handling, torquey engine, good ride, roomy, practical, but only 2 doors. VWoA would not let you have 4 doors with a gas engine and a manual transmission. And they still won't today. I replaced it with a new 2015 TDI 4-door. Smooth, quiet, very torquey, 4 doors. Perhaps not quite as agile as the 2009, but roomier and quieter. If the car computer is to be believed, fuel economy has been phenomenal. I have averaged over 45 mpg for the first 200 miles that I have owned the car.
- Great handling
- Great ride
- comfortable front and back
- quiet, amazing fuel economy
- hatchback utility/flexibility
- 4 doors
- HD/Satellite radio with Bluetooth and decent sound
- Only available with leatherette (vinyl). I would really prefer cloth to vinyl or leather.