We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Volvo S40 MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2011 2011 4dr Sedan turbocharged 227hp 2.5L I5 5-sp shiftable automatic FWD 18.9
See all data
With the turbocharged 227hp 2.5L I5 engine, 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2011 Volvo S40 has been averaging 18.9 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Volvo S40s in this analysis were driven mostly in heavy traffic (about 60 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (40 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2011 Volvo S40 in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
2011 2011 4dr Sedan turbocharged 113hp 1.6L I4 Diesel 6-sp manual FWD 33.6
See all data

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2011 Volvo S40

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2011 Volvo S40.

Be the first!

2011 Volvo S40 Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Volvo S40's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.