Follow TrueDelta

TrueDelta at Facebook TrueDelta at Google+ TrueDelta at Twitter

Kia Optima Fuel Economy (MPG)

Flagged Gas Tank

 characters remaining
If you are not a TrueDelta member, you can see only five Kia Optima MPG averages for each powertrain. Log in or join us to see them all.
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2013 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light hvy 0 45 30 25 65 18.948
  flat light light 0 35 30 35 70 23.571
  flat light light 0 35 30 35 65 23.067
  flat light light 0 35 30 35 70 22.077
  flat med light 0 0 5 95 70 27.390
2013 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 0 30 25 45 68 23.0  
  Averages flat light light 0 30 25 45 68 23.0
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2013 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 23.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2013 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 45 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (30 percent), in the suburbs (25 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2013 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2013 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med none 0 20 5 75 68 30.100
  flat med none 0 9 1 90 68 34.000
  flat light light 0 10 50 40 55 28.125
  hills v.lt light 0 90 0 10 55 16.000
2013 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light none 0 32 14 54 62 27.1  
  Averages flat light none 0 32 14 54 62 27.1
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2013 Kia Optima has been averaging 27.1 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2013 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 62 miles per hour (about 54 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (32 percent), in the suburbs (14 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2013 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2013 4dr Sedan 159-horsepower 2.4L I4 Hybrid
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat v.lt none 0 5 0 95 68 34.600
  flat v.lt none 0 5 0 95 68 36.100
  flat light hvy 0 0 75 25 70 27.599
  flat v.lt none 0 20 0 80 68 35.000
  flat v.lt none 0 20 0 80 68 30.800
2013 4dr Sedan 159-horsepower 2.4L I4 Hybrid
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat v.lt none 0 10 15 75 68 32.8  
  Averages flat v.lt none 0 10 15 75 68 32.8
With the 159-horsepower 2.4L I4 Hybrid engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2013 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 32.8 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2013 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 75 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (15 percent), in the city (10 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2013 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with an ultra-light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2012 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills light hvy 0 0 5 95 75 29.333
  hills v.lt light 0 25 60 15 70 24.545
  hills light light 0 25 25 50 70 21.786
  hills med none 15 25 60 0 N/A 24.200
  flat light none 0 0 0 100 75 32.500
2012 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills light light 3 15 30 52 73 26.5  
  Averages hills light light 3 15 30 52 73 26.5
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2012 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 26.5 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2012 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 73 miles per hour (about 52 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (30 percent), in the city (15 percent), and in heavy traffic (3 percent).

In addition the average 2012 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2012 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills v.lt none 0 0 5 95 65 36.194
  flat lead none 0 0 50 50 70 25.700
  flat lead none 0 0 50 50 70 30.400
  flat v.lt none 0 0 2 98 65 39.300
  flat med light 0 0 0 100 75 28.500
2012 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med none 0 0 21 79 69 32.0  
  Averages flat med none 0 0 21 79 69 32.0
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2012 Kia Optima has been averaging 32.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2012 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 69 miles per hour (about 79 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (21 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2012 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2011 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills med light 0 5 25 70 70 25.297
  flat med none 0 5 20 75 70 34.050
  hills med none 0 5 25 70 70 23.610
  flat med light 0 5 40 55 70 29.000
2011 4dr Sedan turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills med light 0 5 28 68 70 28.0  
  Averages hills med light 0 5 28 68 70 28.0
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2011 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 28.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 68 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (28 percent), in the city (5 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2011 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2011 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
mtns light none 5 5 25 65 60 29.000
  flat med light 0 25 50 25 70 24.400
  hills med light 10 15 25 50 75 25.815
  flat med none 0 25 25 50 60 25.600
  hills v.lt none 0 0 35 65 75 25.164
2011 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills light none 3 14 32 51 68 26.0  
  Averages hills light none 3 14 32 51 68 26.0
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2011 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 26.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 51 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (32 percent), in the city (14 percent), and in heavy traffic (3 percent).

In addition the average 2011 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2011 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed manual FWD
flat med light 0 5 20 75 75 30.000
2011 4dr Sedan 200-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed manual FWD
flat med light 0 5 20 75 75 30.0  
  Averages flat med light 0 5 20 75 75 30.0
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2011 Kia Optima has been averaging 30.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2011 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 75 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (20 percent), in the city (5 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2011 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2010 4dr Sedan 194-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med light 0 10 70 20 75 20.000
2010 4dr Sedan 194-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med light 0 10 70 20 75 20.0  
  Averages flat med light 0 10 70 20 75 20.0
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2010 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 20.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2010 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly in the suburbs (about 70 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (20 percent), in the city (10 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2010 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2010 4dr Sedan 175-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light none 0 0 0 100 65 40.588
  flat light none 0 0 0 100 65 34.884
  flat light none 0 0 2 98 60 37.100
  flat light none 0 0 2 98 60 36.500
  flat light none 0 0 95 5 65 31.875
2010 4dr Sedan 175-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light none 0 0 20 80 63 36.2  
  Averages flat light none 0 0 20 80 63 36.2
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2010 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 36.2 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2010 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 63 miles per hour (about 80 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (20 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2010 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2009 4dr Sedan 175-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 0 0 2 98 65 33.000
  flat light light 0 0 2 98 65 33.000
  flat light none 40 50 5 5 65 19.800
  flat light light 0 0 2 98 65 33.000
  flat med light 5 10 14 71 65 28.300
2009 4dr Sedan 175-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 9 12 5 74 65 29.4  
  Averages flat light light 9 12 5 74 65 29.4
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2009 Kia Optima has been averaging 29.4 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2009 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour (about 74 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (12 percent), in heavy traffic (9 percent), and in the suburbs (5 percent).

In addition the average 2009 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Sedan 162-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 20 60 10 10 60 26.100
  flat light light 20 60 10 10 60 26.500
2008 4dr Sedan 162-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 20 60 10 10 60 26.3  
  Averages flat light light 20 60 10 10 60 26.3
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2008 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 26.3 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly in the city (about 60 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in heavy traffic (20 percent), in the suburbs (10 percent), and on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (10 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Sedan 162-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat lead light 30 15 30 25 75 25.600
  flat lead light 30 15 30 25 75 26.736
2008 4dr Sedan 162-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat lead light 30 15 30 25 75 26.2  
  Averages flat lead light 30 15 30 25 75 26.2
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2008 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 26.2 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly in heavy traffic (about 30 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (30 percent), on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (25 percent), and in the city (15 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a lead foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Sedan 185-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat lead none 0 5 0 95 68 30.500
  flat v.lt light 0 0 10 90 62 32.400
  flat light light 0 5 0 95 68 33.600
  flat light hvy 0 5 0 95 68 33.600
  flat lead none 40 50 10 0 N/A 17.300
2007 4dr Sedan 185-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med none 8 13 4 75 67 29.5  
  Averages flat med none 8 13 4 75 67 29.5
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2007 Kia Optima has been averaging 29.5 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 67 miles per hour (about 75 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (13 percent), in heavy traffic (8 percent), and in the suburbs (4 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills light light 0 0 90 10 65 28.500
  flat light hvy 5 0 90 5 65 26.000
  hills light light 0 0 90 10 65 24.000
  flat light hvy 0 0 95 5 65 13.889
  hills lead light 0 40 45 15 60 21.922
2007 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills light light 1 8 82 9 64 22.9  
  Averages hills light light 1 8 82 9 64 22.9
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2007 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 22.9 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly in the suburbs (about 82 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were on the highway at an average speed of 64 miles per hour (9 percent), in the city (8 percent), and in heavy traffic (1 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2006.5 4dr Sedan 185-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat med light 0 3 6 91 75 26.000
  flat light light 5 0 55 40 60 22.000
  flat light hvy 10 2 39 49 65 23.200
  flat light hvy 10 10 30 50 65 27.000
2006.5 4dr Sedan 185-horsepower 2.7L V6
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light hvy 6 4 33 58 66 24.6  
  Averages flat light hvy 6 4 33 58 66 24.6
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2006.5 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 24.6 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2006.5 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 66 miles per hour (about 58 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (33 percent), in heavy traffic (6 percent), and in the city (4 percent).

In addition the average 2006.5 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on most or all of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2006.5 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat v.lt hvy 0 5 0 95 65 33.833
  flat light hvy 10 0 0 90 60 30.000
  flat light none 100 0 0 0 N/A 25.500
  flat v.lt none 0 25 25 50 65 28.900
  flat med hvy 5 5 20 70 70 24.200
2006.5 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed shiftable automatic FWD
flat light light 23 7 9 61 65 28.5  
  Averages flat light light 23 7 9 61 65 28.5
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2006.5 Kia Optima has been averaging 28.5 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2006.5 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour (about 61 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in heavy traffic (23 percent), in the suburbs (9 percent), and in the city (7 percent).

In addition the average 2006.5 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2006.5 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light hvy 0 0 10 90 60 30.000
2006.5 4dr Sedan 161-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light hvy 0 0 10 90 60 30.0  
  Averages flat light hvy 0 0 10 90 60 30.0
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2006.5 Kia Optima gas mileage has been averaging 30.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2006.5 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (about 90 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (10 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2006.5 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on most or all of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2005 4dr Sedan 170-horsepower 2.7L V6
4-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills lead light 5 95 0 0 N/A 12.121
2005 4dr Sedan 170-horsepower 2.7L V6
4-speed shiftable automatic FWD
hills lead light 5 95 0 0 0 12.1  
  Averages hills lead light 5 95 0 0 0 12.1
With the turbocharged 274hp 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2005 Kia Optima fuel economy has been averaging 12.1 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2005 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly in the city (about 95 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in heavy traffic (5 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and on the highway at an average speed of 0 miles per hour (0 percent).

In addition the average 2005 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a lead foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2004 4dr Sedan 138-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light hvy 0 0 5 95 70 30.000
2004 4dr Sedan 138-horsepower 2.4L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light hvy 0 0 5 95 70 30.0  
  Averages flat light hvy 0 0 5 95 70 30.0
With the 200-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2004 Kia Optima has been averaging 30.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2004 Kia Optimas in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 95 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (5 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2004 Kia Optima in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on most or all of the time.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2004 Kia Optima

2004 Kia Optima Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2005 4dr Sedan 170-horsepower 2.7L V6
4-speed shiftable automatic FWD
AS above
 

Kia Optima Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Kia Optima's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.