We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Kia Sorento MPG

MPG Number of Vehicles
11 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
12 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
13 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
14 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
15 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
16 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
17 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
18 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
19 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
20 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
21 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
22 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2004 2004 4dr SUV 262-hp 3.8L V6 5-sp shiftable automatic AWD w/low range 12.81
See all data
With the 262-horsepower 3.8L V6 engine, 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive w/low range, the 2004 Kia Sorento has been averaging 12.81 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2004 Kia Sorentos in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (about 58 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (42 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2004 Kia Sorento in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on most or all of the time.
2004 2004 4dr SUV 192-hp 3.5L V6 5-sp manual 4WD, part-time w/low range 16.42
See all data
2004 2004 4dr SUV 262-hp 3.8L V6 5-sp shiftable automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range 15.23
See all data
2004 2004 4dr SUV turbocharged 168hp 2.5L I4 Diesel 5-sp shiftable automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range 21.7
See all data

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all SUVs
See TrueDelta's information for all Kia models.

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2004 Kia Sorento

2004 Kia Sorento Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2005 4dr SUV 192-horsepower 3.5L V6
5-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range
Not great but we knew that going in. I try to drive as economically as possible and can usually squeeze 18-19 mpg in mixed driving (70%/30% split between highway and local). see full Kia Sorento review
2005 4dr SUV 192-horsepower 3.5L V6
5-speed automatic RWD
Put simply "It sucks" see full Kia Sorento review
2005 4dr SUV 192-horsepower 3.5L V6
5-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range
Getting 14-15 MPG out of a V6. Wish it were closer to 20 MPG. see full Kia Sorento review
2003 4dr SUV 192-horsepower 3.5L V6
4-speed automatic AWD w/low range
15MPG - not good see full Kia Sorento review
 

2004 Kia Sorento Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Kia Sorento's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.