We are 105,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Nissan Xterra Fuel Economy (MPG)

Flagged Gas Tank

 characters remaining
Nissan Xterra Nissan Xterra 2010 12.4 MPG Highway Percentage 90 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2010 4dr SUV 261-horsepower 4.0L V6
6-speed manual 4WD, part-time w/low range
mtns light none 0 0 10 90 68 12.400
2010 4dr SUV 261-horsepower 4.0L V6
6-speed manual 4WD, part-time w/low range
mtns light none 0 0 10 90 68 12.4  
  Averages mtns light none 0 0 10 90 68 12.4
With the 261-horsepower 4.0L V6 engine, 6-speed manual transmission, and four-wheel drive, part-time w/low range, 2010 Nissan Xterra fuel economy has been averaging 12.4 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2010 Nissan Xterras in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 90 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (10 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2010 Nissan Xterra in this analysis was driven on mountainous terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Nissan Xterra Nissan Xterra 2010 17.7 MPG Highway Percentage 56 percent
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2010 4dr SUV 261-horsepower 4.0L V6
5-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range
hills med light 0 0 5 95 60 21.231
  hills light hvy 0 0 10 90 65 20.399
  hills light hvy 0 5 10 85 60 19.215
  hills light hvy 0 0 5 95 60 20.059
  flat light none 0 5 85 10 56 11.800
  flat light light 5 25 35 35 75 15.882
  flat light hvy 0 5 70 25 75 15.625
  flat light none 5 30 40 25 60 16.700
  flat light none 5 45 25 25 60 17.300
  flat med none 2 9 0 89 75 19.450
  flat med none 0 20 0 80 75 18.218
  flat light hvy 0 5 70 25 75 12.727
  flat light none 5 20 15 60 62 18.600
  flat light light 0 5 45 50 55 21.056
2010 4dr SUV 261-horsepower 4.0L V6
5-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range
flat light light 2 12 30 56 65 17.7  
  Averages flat light light 2 12 30 56 65 17.7
With the 261-horsepower 4.0L V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission, and four-wheel drive, part-time w/low range, the 2010 Nissan Xterra has been averaging 17.7 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2010 Nissan Xterras in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour (about 56 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (30 percent), in the city (12 percent), and in heavy traffic (2 percent).

In addition the average 2010 Nissan Xterra in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2010 Nissan Xterra

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2010 Nissan Xterra.

Be the first!

2010 Nissan Xterra Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Nissan Xterra's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.