We are 107,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Toyota Camry MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2014 2014 4dr Sedan 178-hp 2.5L I4 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 34.48
See all data
With the 178-horsepower 2.5L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2014 Toyota Camry has been averaging 34.48 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2014 Toyota Camrys in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (about 70 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (30 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2014 Toyota Camry in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.

Return to top

Was this information useful?

We're glad we could help! Share this page:

We're so sorry! Tell us how we can improve it.

See TrueDelta's information for all Sedans
See TrueDelta's information for all Toyota models.

TrueDelta Reviews the Real Gas Mileage of the 2014 Toyota Camry

2014 Toyota Camry Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearComment
2015 The SE's grippier tires knock the Toyota Camry Hybrid's EPA ratings down from 43/39 to 40/38. The Ford Fusion Hybrid tests better, 44/41, while the Honda Accord Hybrid tests far better, 50/45. Then there's the real world, where, according to the cars' trip computers, my suburban average was in the low 40s in all three (the Lincoln MKZ standing in for the Fusion) and topped 50 on trips with no unexpected stops (i.e. any braking could be gradual enough to rely almost entirely on energy regeneration rather than the friction brakes). The Camry Hybrid acheived the best reported mpg on my standard school-to-home run--an astounding 70.6--but it started this particular trip with a eight bars in the battery pack (fully charged) and ended it with just two. You can only drive two, maybe three miles on electricity, but when the route totals 7.5 miles even a couple with the gas engine off can generously pad the average. On a 70-mph highway the Camry's trip computer reported averages in the low 40s. I wasn't able to test the Honda on the highway. The Lincoln MKZ hybrid's reported somewhat better numbers than the Camry's, but there's not a large percentage difference between 43.7 and 47.4. Any number of factors besides the cars themselves (trip computer accuracy, driving speed, wind conditions) could account for this difference. Frankly, I'm mightly impressed by any midsize sedan that can consistently average over 40 mpg, as these all can with light-footed acceleration and (especially) braking. see full Toyota Camry review
 

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2014 Toyota Camry

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2014 Toyota Camry.

Be the first!

2014 Toyota Camry Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Toyota Camry's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.