Follow TrueDelta

TrueDelta at Facebook TrueDelta at Google+ TrueDelta at Twitter

Dodge Caliber Fuel Economy (MPG)

Flagged Gas Tank

 characters remaining
If you are not a TrueDelta member, you can see only five Dodge Caliber MPG averages for each powertrain. Log in or join us to see them all.
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2009 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat light light 0 0 1 99 70 28.800
  flat light none 5 15 75 5 62 22.400
  flat light light 5 15 75 5 62 20.500
  flat light none 0 0 10 90 70 25.000
2009 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat light none 3 8 40 50 66 24.2  
  Averages flat light none 3 8 40 50 66 24.2
With the 158-horsepower 2.0L I4 engine, CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2009 Dodge Caliber fuel economy has been averaging 24.2 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2009 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 66 miles per hour (about 50 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (40 percent), in the city (8 percent), and in heavy traffic (3 percent).

In addition the average 2009 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2009 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat v.lt light 5 10 15 70 60 32.722
2009 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat v.lt light 5 10 15 70 60 32.7  
  Averages flat v.lt light 5 10 15 70 60 32.7
With the 148-horsepower 1.8L I4 engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2009 Dodge Caliber has been averaging 32.7 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2009 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (about 70 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (15 percent), in the city (10 percent), and in heavy traffic (5 percent).

In addition the average 2009 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with an ultra-light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
flat light none 0 20 20 60 60 27.826
  flat light none 0 10 40 50 60 26.375
  flat light light 0 0 30 70 60 25.216
  hills lead light 20 20 50 10 80 19.900
  flat light none 0 20 20 60 60 25.824
2008 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
flat light none 4 14 32 50 64 25.0  
  Averages flat light none 4 14 32 50 64 25.0
With the 172-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2008 Dodge Caliber gas mileage has been averaging 25.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 64 miles per hour (about 50 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (32 percent), in the city (14 percent), and in heavy traffic (4 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat light hvy 20 10 5 65 70 29.348
  flat light light 5 10 15 70 65 28.100
  flat med hvy 20 20 20 40 60 20.000
  flat med none 0 90 0 10 60 24.337
  flat med none 0 90 0 10 60 24.600
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat med light 9 44 8 39 63 25.3  
  Averages flat med light 9 44 8 39 63 25.3
With the 158-horsepower 2.0L I4 engine, CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2008 Dodge Caliber fuel economy has been averaging 25.3 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly in the city (about 44 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were on the highway at an average speed of 63 miles per hour (39 percent), in heavy traffic (9 percent), and in the suburbs (8 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 25.849
  hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 27.024
  hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 28.585
  hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 29.103
  hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 28.000
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 27.7  
  Averages hills light none 0 0 5 95 65 27.7
With the 158-horsepower 2.0L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, the 2008 Dodge Caliber has been averaging 27.7 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour (about 95 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (5 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2008 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat v.lt none 1 4 15 80 70 32.419
  hills med hvy 0 20 60 20 70 27.648
2008 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
hills light light 1 12 38 50 70 30.0  
  Averages hills light light 1 12 38 50 70 30.0
With the 148-horsepower 1.8L I4 engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2008 Dodge Caliber gas mileage has been averaging 30.0 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2008 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 70 miles per hour (about 50 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (38 percent), in the city (12 percent), and in heavy traffic (1 percent).

In addition the average 2008 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC on only some of the time.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
flat med none 0 10 0 90 75 27.200
  flat light none 0 0 0 100 70 28.200
  flat light none 0 0 0 100 60 27.700
  flat light light 0 0 0 100 70 28.500
  flat light none 0 0 0 100 70 27.400
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
flat light none 0 2 0 98 69 27.8  
  Averages flat light none 0 2 0 98 69 27.8
With the 172-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2007 Dodge Caliber fuel economy has been averaging 27.8 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 69 miles per hour (about 98 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (2 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the suburbs (0 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT AWD
hills light none 0 20 75 5 60 22.400
  hills light none 0 20 75 5 60 25.300
  hills light light 0 20 75 5 60 26.300
  flat v.lt none 0 50 5 45 62 27.400
  hills light none 0 20 75 5 60 25.800
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT AWD
hills light none 0 26 61 13 60 25.4  
  Averages hills light none 0 26 61 13 60 25.4
With the 172-horsepower 2.4L I4 engine, 6-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2007 Dodge Caliber has been averaging 25.4 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly in the suburbs (about 61 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (26 percent), on the highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (13 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat light none 10 30 30 30 60 26.000
  flat med none 0 10 0 90 62 25.800
  flat light none 10 5 5 80 62 26.400
  flat light light 10 30 30 30 60 23.000
  flat light none 10 5 5 80 62 23.500
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
flat light none 8 16 14 62 61 24.9  
  Averages flat light none 8 16 14 62 61 24.9
With the 158-horsepower 2.0L I4 engine, CVT transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2007 Dodge Caliber gas mileage has been averaging 24.9 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 61 miles per hour (about 62 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (16 percent), in the suburbs (14 percent), and in heavy traffic (8 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.
 
Year Body/Powertrain flat, hilly, or mountainousLand driving style: very light to "lead foot"Foot A/C use: none to heavyA/C constant stop and goTraf % many stops per mileCity % stop every mile or twoSub % fairly steady speedHwy % Hwy Spd MPG
2007 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 27.300
  flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 24.100
  flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 28.500
  flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 28.400
  flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 31.400
2007 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 27.9  
  Averages flat light none 0 0 15 85 68 27.9
With the 148-horsepower 1.8L I4 engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and front-wheel drive, 2007 Dodge Caliber fuel economy has been averaging 27.9 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2007 Dodge Calibers in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 68 miles per hour (about 85 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the suburbs (15 percent), in heavy traffic (0 percent), and in the city (0 percent).

In addition the average 2007 Dodge Caliber in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a light foot and the AC not used at all.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2007 Dodge Caliber

2007 Dodge Caliber Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
25+ in all city driving.
2008 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
Im a full time pizza delivery boy. I bought this car brand new to deliver pizzas in. What does that tell you?
2008 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT FWD
Average so far is 28 mpg. This car has the 2.0 with the CVT transmission. Not great but not terrible either. Our minivan got 18 mpg This mileage is almost all highway.60 to 70 mph.
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
I have been getting between 23-25 city and 30-34 highway even at 70 mph.This is during the warmer weather.
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
I drive 30+ miles 5x per week. My caliber gets about 32 miles per gallon. My previous Dodge NEON could not get this kind of gas mileage
2007 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
It returns about 36 IMP mpg which I find acceptable
2007 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
averaging 34 mpg which is pretty good for a vehicle in htis category
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT AWD
My AWD model gets the worst fuel economy of all the caliber models, but is still great for an AWD car! Typically 26mpg in the city, 30mpg on highway trips.
2007 4dr Hatch 148-horsepower 1.8L I4
5-speed manual FWD
I can go below 7L/100km when driving long routes (or about 9L/100km driving in residential areas). Not bad for a car this size and power.
2007 4dr Hatch 172-horsepower 2.4L I4
6-speed shiftable CVT AWD
On a mix city/open road, obtaining 8.5l/100 km for an AWD vehicule is a good for me
2007 Dodge Caliber Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
This STINKS... I believe the reported fuel economy on my car was something like 25/30. I have never gotten above 23mpg in this car, and usually it is much lower. Had I known ahead of time, I probably would not have purchased this vehicle.
2007 4dr Hatch 158-horsepower 2.0L I4
CVT FWD
Not as good as I would expect. The Avenger which I own now get better fuel economy on the highway and is a roomier car.
 

Dodge Caliber Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Dodge Caliber's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.