We are 108,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

BMW 3-Series MPG

MPG Number of Vehicles
26 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
27 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
28 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
29 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
30 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
31 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
32 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
33 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
34 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
35 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
36 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
37 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
38 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
39 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
40 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
41 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
42 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
43 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
44 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
45 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
46 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
47 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
48 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
49 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
50 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
51 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
52 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
53 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
54 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
55 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
56 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
57 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
58 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
59 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
60 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
61 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
62 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
63 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
64 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
65 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
66 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
67 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
68 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
69 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
70 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
71 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
72 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
73 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
74 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
75 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
76 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
77 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
78 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
79 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
80 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
81 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
82 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
83 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
84 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
85 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
86 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
87 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
88 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2016 2016 4dr Sedan turbocharged 320hp 3.0L I6 8-sp shiftable automatic AWD 58.83
See all data
With the turbocharged 320hp 3.0L I6 engine, 8-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2016 BMW 3-Series has been averaging 58.83 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2016 BMW 3-Series in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 80 miles per hour (about 85 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (15 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2016 BMW 3-Series in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC on only some of the time.
2016 2016 4dr Sedan 225-hp 3.0L I6 6-sp automated manual RWD 27.63
See all data

Return to top

TrueDelta Reviews the Real Gas Mileage of the 2016 BMW 3-Series

2016 BMW 3-Series Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearComment
2016 A number of BMW 3 Series variants offer better fuel economy than the tested 340i xDrive. You can get a conventional four-cylinder (with EPA ratings of 23 city, 35 highway), a diesel (32/42), or even a plug-in hybrid (28/34). But for a 320-horsepower all-wheel-drive sedan, the 340i xDrive rates quite well: 21/31 with an automatic, 19/29 with a manual. Some six-cylinder competitors score nearly as well, but none quite match the BMW. For example, the tested Jaguar XE with all-wheel-drive and its mandatory automatic rates 20/29. The BMW's trip computer reported even more impressive real-world averages. In light-footed suburban driving it reported 32 mpg, and on a 70-mph highway it reported 37 mpg in one direction and 34 mpg in the other. see full BMW 3-Series review
 

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2016 BMW 3-Series

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2016 BMW 3-Series.

Be the first!

2016 BMW 3-Series Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the BMW 3-Series's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.