We are 108,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Hyundai Santa Fe MPG

MPG Number of Vehicles
5 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
6 miles per gallon 4 vehicles
7 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
8 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
9 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
10 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
11 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
12 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
13 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
14 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
15 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
16 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
17 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
18 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
19 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
20 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
21 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
22 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
23 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
24 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
25 miles per gallon 2 vehicles
26 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
27 miles per gallon 0 vehicles
28 miles per gallon 4 vehicles
29 miles per gallon 5 vehicles
30 miles per gallon 3 vehicles
31 miles per gallon 1 vehicles
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2012 2012 4dr SUV 276-hp 3.5L V6 6-sp shiftable automatic AWD 22.26
See all data
With the 290-horsepower 3.3L V6 engine, 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has been averaging 22.26 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fes in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 75 miles per hour (about 85 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (15 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe in this analysis was driven on hilly terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.
2012 2012 4dr SUV 175-hp 2.4L I4 6-sp shiftable automatic FWD 21.09
See all data
2012 2012 4dr SUV turbocharged 194hp 2.2L I4 Diesel 6-sp shiftable automatic AWD 20.59
See all data

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Real Gas Mileage: Pros
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2012 4dr SUV turbocharged 194hp 2.2L I4 Diesel
6-speed manual AWD
Date is Sept 30 2013. It has a 2.2 litre diesel engine with manual gearbox. 6th gear is very useful on a long run as it acts as an overdrive. It has travelled 7509 miles at average of 38.42mpg imperial. It will easily exceed 41mpg on a long run. My Kia Sportage diesel travelled 15051 miles and averaged 37.85mpg imperial. Both vehicles were full of luggage for 29% of their mileage. Worst fuel consumption was 32.23mpg over 495 miles, all short runs so no complaints there. Best was 41.47mpg over 523 miles. Kia Sportage best was 48.59mpg and worst was 29.88mpg see full Hyundai Santa Fe review
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Real Gas Mileage: Cons
YearBody/PowertrainComment
2012 4dr SUV turbocharged 194hp 2.2L I4 Diesel
6-speed manual AWD
I would like 100 mpg on short trips. see full Hyundai Santa Fe review
2011 4dr SUV 276-horsepower 3.5L V6
6-speed shiftable automatic AWD
Guzzles in stop and go traffic. ECO indicator is just that and not entirely believable at that. see full Hyundai Santa Fe review
 

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Hyundai Santa Fe's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.