We are 108,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information.

Join Us

Subaru Outback MPG

 

The graph does not display if there are fewer than five results.
Model Year Body/Powertrain MPG  
2017 2017 4dr Wagon 175-hp 2.5L H4 6-sp shiftable CVT AWD 25.4
See all data
With the 175-horsepower 2.5L H4 engine, 6-speed shiftable CVT transmission, and all-wheel drive, the 2017 Subaru Outback has been averaging 25.4 MPG (miles per gallon).

The 2017 Subaru Outbacks in this analysis were driven mostly on the highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour (about 65 percent of the miles driven). The rest of the miles were in the city (35 percent), in the suburbs (0 percent), and in heavy traffic (0 percent).

In addition, the average 2017 Subaru Outback in this analysis was driven on flat terrain with a medium foot and the AC not used at all.

Return to top

What Our Members Are Saying about the Real Gas Mileage of the 2017 Subaru Outback

None of our members have yet commented on the real gas mileage of the 2017 Subaru Outback.

Be the first!

2017 Subaru Outback Gas Mileage (MPG)

Unlike other fuel economy surveys, TrueDelta's Real-World Gas Mileage Survey includes questions about how and where a car was driven. So you can get an idea of the Subaru Outback's real-world MPG based on how and where you drive a car.